Changing the locks in our home, and business should be as routine and as essential as any other maintenance job we do. We get so settled into the daily life that we often forget to take the smallest steps to keep ourselves, our families, and our belongings secure. The same goes for commercial buildings, too.
There are several occasions when it is important to consider changing locks:
- You just moved into a new house and don’t know who lived in there before you bought it.
- You gave a contractor your spare key, and he lost it.
- You just had a change in your staff, and the old employee did not return his key.
- You misplaced your key chain for several hours and don’t know where it was during that time.
- You’re not using the same cleaning service anymore.
- If you’ve had a break-in or attempted, break-in have all the locks changed and improve the overall security of your home.
- If your locks are old or difficult to work it’s time to replace them. Worn locks can fail, and you may find yourself locked out.
- Your handbag has been with your keys inside.
- You’re going through a separation or divorce.
- Your kid lost his key somewhere between the school and your house.